Excerpt from my book, ‘Consultant Marketing Secrets’ – Double Your Income Fast using this 5 Step Plan’. There’s a link to download the book FREE at the end of the article.
Step 2: Reinvent Your Service Mix & Pricing
As I mentioned earlier, this is the very thing that can take you from doing around $100,000 pa to doubling or tripling your personal income in a short space of time.
Depending on the current model you’re running, it may involve some changes though.
So many incredibly gifted consultants struggle because they run with a model that is based on the way things have always been done in their industry.
As a result of that, their income is little more (or maybe even less) than it would have been if they were an employee.
There is a better way.
A much better way.
A way that enables you to produce results for your clients that are way in excess than what you’ve delivered for them in the past.
And – at the same time, produce a personal income for you that is way more than what you have earned before.
It takes some re-invention.
It takes some courage to think differently.
It takes some hard work. But at the end of that hard work is that income and lifestyle that you’ve always dreamed of.
So – what is the business model?
There are a variety of different leveraged service offerings that can produce massive results for you.
The type of leveraged coaching/consulting that is right for you depends on your stage of business, your industry, who your clients are, and your goals.
There’s also an art to mapping out a package that has outcomes which deliver massive transformation for your clients.
I call it ‘The Alchemy Model’.
There are many different ways you can leverage what you do including:
- Group Mentoring
- High level VIP Days
- Experiential Events
- Getaway Weekends
- Membership sites
- Online training courses
… or a combination of all of the above.
These leveraged packages work with all manner of professional b2b service businesses and many b2C service businesses including:
- Graphic design firms and web design firms that want to move away from ad-hoc, done-for-you work and want to develop a more ongoing, partnership kind of relationship with their clients.
- Social media and marketing consultants who are keen to amp up their income and leverage their IP and their knowledge while working fewer hours.
- Speakers and trainers who are finding that their keynote work is drying up and are looking for alternatives that enable them to earn great money and be at home more often.
- Business consultants who have found that the market has taken a downturn and are looking for alternatives.
- Therapists of all types – who would like to offer a more all-encompassing, holistic (and leveraged) solution
- Life and Business Coaches who are getting exhausted by all the one-on-one work and are looking for a way to leverage but at the same time deliver even greater results for clients.
- SEO consultancies who would love to offer a more leveraged, higher ticket package on top of their SEO retainer work.
- Copywriters who are frustrated with the stop-start, fest-famine, labour intensive done for you projects that they’re doing and are looking for a way to leverage.
- And many other service-based businesses.
The truth is, you don’t need to spend exorbitant amounts of time and money to get this new model off the ground and firing.
In fact, we don’t want you too.
After all, you’re already very busy in your current business.
Sure, it’s going to take effort, absolutely but the right effort in the right places that will give you a pay-off – that’s the key.
Read any books by people who have made millions and they’ll tell you that speed to market is everything.
Spend time planning and getting the foundations right – yes. Then – get it out there. Pre-sell it.
Then – tweak and develop as you go along.
Don’t, I repeat ‘don’t’ think you need to develop everything before you launch.
Regardless of your industry, it’s vital you take a strategic approach and choose the model that is the perfect fit for where you are right now and where you want to be in the future.
Then – arm yourself with the right knowledge, and put in the hard work to make it happen.
When we work with clients to re-invent their business model we assess a number of things including:
- What is your vision for your business AND your lifestyle?
- How long has the business been running?
- What industry are you in?
- What pain do you solve for clients?
- How big is your database right now?
- What are your immediate income goals and your immediate income needs.
- Which market do you serve?
- How much time do you have available to launch this new offering?
We show you exactly how to do that as part of the 90 Day Sales & Marketing FireUp program.
To read the rest of the step and much more, download a copy of my book, “Consultant Marketing Secrets: Double Your Income FAST Using This Proven 5 Step Plan”.